Wednesday 3 September 2014

Trial-Sized Tuesday's - Bobbi Brown BB Cream


I'm not one for BB Creams. Every single one I've tried has been totally off colour, most feel thick and greasy and they do very little for me coverage wise. I understand that BB Creams are not there to give you complete coverage, they are in essence a product that contains skincare and makeup in one package. 

I received a sample of Bobbi Brown's BB Cream in my last online order and I will admit when I got it out of the drawer to try yesterday I was on the fence without even trying it due to the poor experiences I've had with them before. I am pretty impressed with the ingredients this product contains-moisturiser, SPF 35 and foundation. There are 9 shades available in the range, I received the Shade 'Light' which is quite a good match for my skin.

This BB applied a lot better than others I have tried. Yes it feels like a creamy foundation but it doesn't sit on the skin like a greasy moisturiser it settles in and leaves skin quite glowy. I did find that I had to go back over with concealer for blemishes and acne scars, but I have to do this with most foundations so that's not biggy.


Whilst this is the best BB Cream I've tried so far I'm still on the fence about them in general. For someone with not particularly great skinI feel that if I'm going to go through the effort of wearing make-up I like to wear something with more coverage and a more perfect finish. This would be a great product for someone with relatively good skin, just to add a bit of colour and glow but sadly I feel it's just not for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment