Wednesday 23 July 2014

Trial-Sized Tuesday - Arbonne Sheer Pressed Powder



A little while ago I was sent some products from a lovely representative of Arbonne. Arbonne is a new company to me, I knew nothing of them until I was sent some samples and discovered more about them through their website. Arbonne was founded in Switzerland in the 1970's by a group of leading bio-chemists, biologists and herbalists, together they have created skincare and beauty products unparalleled in quality and effectiveness by no other.

I have found myself gravitating more towards natural skincare and make-up in the last 12 months and Arbonnes promise of botanically-based products is what drew me to them. One of the samples I was sent was their Sheer Pressed Powder in the shade light. It came on a little film covered card and I have had around 3 all-over uses from the sample.

Description wise there is very little information on their website about the product apart from 'Light coverage pressed powder delivers a soft focus effect for natural looking radiance'. I can't say their description is far wrong. I don't usually use powders as the majority I have tried give that caked-on look and settle into lines and pores but this broke my preconception of powders.

When lightly dusted (with an all-over face brush) over my t-zone it took away the shininess of my oily skin but didn't give a totally matte effect, it let the luminosity of my foundation and skin peep through the powder. I usually only use a little powder in the summer months to help keep my oily t-zone under control so without knowing more about the product and it's contents I can't say I would be prepared to part with £27 for the full-size product. I can say that the few uses I did get from the sample I enjoyed and it delivered wonderful results.

No comments:

Post a Comment