Tuesday 1 July 2014

June's Birchbox Review



A bit of a late review of Birchbox this month due to the fact that for some unbeknown reason I only received my box on Saturday (after 2 weeks of emailing them seeing what the hell was going on). Anyways, this month's birch box was a Brazil theme in celebration of (I'm sure you're aware unless you've been locked in a bunker!) the World Cup kicking off this month. Lets take a look at what I received in my box...

Beauty Blender 


I was very happy to see that my box contained the Beauty Blender that everyone was desperate to get their hands on! I've been using it everyday since I received it and I can honestly say I'm converted from my my regular foundation brush (Real Techniques Expert Face Brush)! Used properly it does give a beautifully even finish, not streaks or uneven patches, just skin-looking...only better! The only thing I do find is that if you don't squeeze the excess water out properly it can drink up your foundation. I also love the fact that it came with the cleanser to clean it after every use.


Caudalie Vinoperfect 

Another product that was gratefully received was Caudalie's Vinoperfect Day Fluid. I think most subscribers were hoping to get their hands on one product by this luxurious French brands this month. Vinoperfect Day fluid promises to smooth lines, minimise pores and reduce dark spots. I'm looking forward to giving this day cream a go on one of my Trial-Sized Tuesdays.

Naobay Body Radiance Lotion


This fresh lemon fragranced lotion by Naobay was another welcome product in my Birchbox. I have a real affinity for moisturizers, especially those that promise to promote radiance and hydration. This light lotion is infused with ingredients such as avocado oil and shea butter.

O.P.I Brazil Collection

I was quite excited to see O.P.I featured in this month's box as I saw some gorgeous colors featured in some boxes. I however received You're So Flippy Floppy, a bright shimmery yellow...not my colour at all I'm afraid so I wont be testing this product out.
 
Silk + Honey Shea Butter Hair Mask

I am a bit of a sucker for hair treatments and was glad to see this in my box. I did try Silk + Honey on my hair on Saturday night and I must say it left my hair rather soft. Initially when I opened the tub for a smell I was not impressed, I was expecting the mask to smell primarily of Shea Butter, I would however compare the scent to Nivea Moisturizer. Despite the smell it was a pleasant little mask to use and it left my hair soft and shiny.

 
As a little 'lifestyle extra' there was a small flip-flop keyring in the Brazilian colors.


I have mixed emotions about this month's box, I think I would have been more excited about it if I received it when every body else had received there's and not 2 weeks later. Contents wise not a bad box, service wise however not so good.





Jodie
xoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment