Monday 14 July 2014

July Birchbox Review


On Saturday I received July's sun, sea & sand themed Birchbox. I was quite impressed with the speed of despatch and delivery this month (I had a right fiasco last month which meant I didn't receive my box until the end of the month!) so let's take a look at what I received in my box...

Laqa & Co Lip Lube
I'm a big lover of lip products, especially the chubby lip pencil style ones. I received Laqa & Co's Lip Lube in the shade Menatour, a sheer purple colour. There were two shades up for grabs (Bees Knees a coral shade) and if I could have picked then this shade would have been my choice. I found Menatour to be a very flattering fuchsia purple and it does leave your lips very hydrated...this has got to be my favourite product in the box.

Whish Three Wishes Body Butter

Yawn...another body product! Don't get me wrong, the opportunity to try a new body product every now and then is great, I do however seem to receive some form of body butter, lotion or milk EVERY month. I will admit I've not tried this out yet, it's been chucked in a drawer to try on a rainy day as Lavender is not one of my favourite scents. Whish Three Whishes Body Butter claims to be a non-greasy containing organic Aloe, Shea Butter and Raspberry butter to combat dryness and organic Seaweed extract to aid firmness of skin.

Models Own Fireworks Polish

This shade of Models Own polish (Rocket) was a bit of a random choice for a summer themed box in my opinion. Glitter polishes aren't usually my thing, but a red glitter polish in July?? I'm a massive fan of Models Own products but this one will have to go away until the festive season!

Benefit POREfessional Primer

Benefit's POREfessional is the UK's no.1 best selling primer and I'm probably going to get booed for saying this but I really don't rate it. I don't have massive pores but I do have a small amount of noticeable ones on my cheeks and this did absolutely nothing to disguise them and it left my face looking oily after a few hours. Admittedly the last time I tried this primer was a couple of years ago so I should probably give it a another shot before totally brushing it off, but this was not a product I was too enthralled at seeing in my box.
Balance Me Eye cream

Another meh product (in my eyes) is Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream. The only reason I say this is I am more than happy with my current eye cream so I'm not really looking to sample anything else, I could be wrong...this could be the holy grail of eye products! This three-in-one multi-tasking softens, smooths and brightens thanks to a unique blend of chamomile, lemon, cucumber oil, which-hazel, rose hip oil and carrot oil. Rich and easily absorbed its reputed to be perfect for the summer.



As a little lifestyle extra there was a nail buffer, which is a pretty handy thing to keep in your bag or your desk drawer at work.


I must say this was probably the worse box I've received from Birchbox so far. The majority of products on this month's shortlist have been around for a while and didn't really excite me to receive. I'm sure I'll absolutely love next month's box, it's just the gamble you have to take with beauty box subscriptions.




Jodie
xoxo 






No comments:

Post a Comment