Friday 27 June 2014

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer - SC2



My quest for the perfect concealer has taken me to Secret Camouflage by Laura Mercier. Anyone that reads my blog will know that I live in the back of beyond, so I rely heavily on online reviews and swatches to make my purchases as the nearest department store that sells high-end products is over 50 miles away! After much deliberation I decided to purchase Secret Camouflage in shade SC2...I couldn't have got it any more right!




I didn't purchase this concealer with the intention of using on my dark circles, I bought it solely for imperfections on my face. Secret Camouflage's unique two shade system was designed to match all skin tones, one to match the skins depth of colour and the other to match the skins undertone. I wear MAC's Studio Fix Fluid in shade NC15 and I find the perfect mixture of Secret Camouflage is two parts of the lighter side and one part the more peach one. 


The texture is quite hard and waxy, I scrape a little of each and mix on the back of my hand, allowing the concealer to soften as it warms. This concealer is very highly pigmented so you only need very little to cover any imperfections. Even in this hot weather the concealer has lasted a good 8 hours without the need to reapply. Be more cautious if you have dry skin, the concealer can cling a little to dry patches, a good moisturising will be needed before use.


All-in-all I really can't find any fault with Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage, the pans are of a very generous size which means it will last for ages and I really like the practical packaging with the mirror on the inside. Being able to customise your shade is a huge benefit at this time of the year when we're all tanning and changing up our bases. Huge thumbs up from me!




Jodie
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment