Saturday 24 May 2014

Benefit Instant Brow Pencil Review And Swatches

I purchased Benefit's Instant Brow Pencil rrp £15.50 earlier this week as I really wanted something quick and easy to use for those days when I'm in a bit of a rush or I'm not looking to wear a lot of make-up. On a normal day when I allow myself a little more time to do my make-up I use my HD Brows Eye & Brow Palette which is fab as I have everything I need in one place, anyways back to my new timesaving product...
I wasn't expecting anything 'wow' from an eyebrow pencil as well, they are just that aren't they? I will say that the handy little brush on the end of it is very good, it's firm enough to brush brows and blend in the pencil but not hard enough to remove the pencil completely. I decided to go for medium brown which I think is a really good colour match for me, it has an ever so slight red undertone to it which compliments my chocolate brown hair perfectly. 

The formula wasn't at all what I was expecting, I was expecting it to be more like a waxy pencil consistency but this pencil is more like a gel formula. It applies very easily so I think you may have to be a little cautious of over-doing it but it soon dries into a naturally ever so slightly powdery finish. 

Above without Instant Brow
Below with Instant Brow
Now I'm not the kinda gal to be found sweating profusely or rubbing my hands on my face on a normal day so I can't really comment on the durability to those extremes but I can say that I applied first thing, went about my normal day (got caught in the rain a couple of times!) and when I checked my face in the evening it handn't faded or budged. 

I think Benefit's Instant Brow will be a great part of my lazy day make-up and although a little apprehensive of the colour match due to ordering online I think I picked the perfect colour for me.

Jodie
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment