Monday 24 March 2014

Where I'm at (with PCOS)...



The one thing being diagnosed and enduring PCOS has made me learn is to be grateful. No girl likes to get a zit does she? Waking up, looking in the mirror and seeing a nasty pimple on your chin is never fun but I have now learnt to be grateful for just that little pimple and not a mass of painful cysts like I was experiencing last year. 

Although for years cervical pain from cysts and painful, heavy periods would drag me down what really got me down was the acne. We're not talking a few pimples here and there, we're talking huge spots and painful cysts on my jawline. Unless you've had acne (without sounding vain) you can never imagine how much it drags you down.


This was me in November 2013. At a total loss. My usual skincare wasn't working. Make-up only made my skin worse and the blemishes more apparent. I put faith in a new found organic skincare brand and starting a drug to help the hormone levels in my body I started to feel more hopeful. Within weeks of using Premae's Immaculate Collection (comprising of Balance Rescue Cleanser, Balance Rescue Tonique, Harmony Serum and Harmony Balm) my skin was making remarkable progress.

In January I participated in a selfie diary with Premae where each week I would send them an update of my skin's progress, you can see the results for yourself...it's amazing! 


When ever I'm having a down day (like earlier today!) because I've got a couple of pimples I think back to where I was a few months ago. Suffering awful cervical pain and having the constant depression of trying to ply make-up on to my face to cover the awful acne each morning. I look at these photos and I feel grateful. Any lady with PCOS will know it is an awful illness that knocks your confidence and at times takes away everything that makes you feel like a lady. Excess body and facial hair, acne, hair loss, weight issues and awful pain. It's a constant battle. For now I feel lucky I have found something that seems to be working for me. The hirsutism is still an (embarrassing) issue but my skin is making progress everyday...

Jodie
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment