Monday 15 September 2014

September's Birchbox Contents And Review

September's Birchbox has the theme 'Happy Days'...a celebration of new beginnings and reminiscing about our school days and well, just the things that make us happy. So here's what I received in my box this month...

Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream

First up is Benefit's It's Potent!  eye cream (3g sample). I'm currently trialling this eye cream after receiving it in another beauty box recently so it's great to have a little back up as I'm enjoying using it. It's potent is a very thick, almost balm like cream that is packed with active ingredients including cocoa extract and apple extract to help microcirculation and collagen count. As well as being an awesome eye cream the packaging is so cute and looks great on your dressing table!


Agave Healing Oil Treatment
A product that tames frizz and helps heal damaged hair is something that is always welcome in my hair routine. Agave Healing Oil Treatment (4ml sample) is said to help build resiliency and boost radiance and shine. As well as being an intensive hair treatment it also doubles up as a body oil. I'm looking forward to trying this next time I wash my hair!

Korres Citrus Showergel
Showergel is always a product that I'm a bit blah about receiving in my boxes, but they are a practical item and I often do enjoy using them. Korres Citrus Showergel (50ml sample) has a lightweight formula and a refreshing citrus scent, perfect for an early morning pick-me-up!
Premae Mild Pro Dermabrasion
Anyone that reads my blog regularly will know that I love Premae's products! I already own the full size version of their Mild Pro Dermabrasion and love it. I received a 20ml sample which will be perfect to keep aside for nights away from home, this scrub has worked wonders (as part of a routine of Premae's products) for me blemish prone skin. Premae's products only include natural ingredients which I love and as a result of this have really noticed a difference with my skin.
Model Co Lip Lacquer Viva
A couple of weeks prior to despatch Birchbox subscribers were contacted to guarantee and choose between 3 products to go in their box (Model Co Lip Laquer in Viva or Morocco or their Power Lash Mascara) and I chose Model Co's Lip Lacquer  in the shade Viva. To be honest I only went for this product as I presumed it was going to be a matte or velvet product and was a little disappointed to find it was actually a gloss (I haven't done gloss since I was 14!). I'll give it a go, but I'm pretty sure this will go to my sister.

Also in this month's box as lifestyle extra's was a little clip photo holder and a bag of Urban Fruit (I received Strawberry). Not a bad box, but not the best either...after seeing the contents on various social media platforms I really wasn't that enthused when it arrived today. As with all beauty boxes you are going to get your not so great month's, fingers crossed for a better box next month!




No comments:

Post a Comment