Monday 4 August 2014

July Beauty Favourites


With July going by in an absolute flash I bring a round up of my favourite beauty buys and there were some fantastic ones! The great thing about summer is lighter make-up, halving the time we take in the morning to get ready by using just a few products to enhance that tan we've gained. Let's take a look at the products I've been reaching for most frequently in July...

Cosmetic Warrior 

Lush Cosmetic Warrior has been my favourite face mask of July. Anyone that reads my blog knows I suffer from bad skin (thanks to PCOS) so I have to keep on top of my skincare routine and Cosmetic Warrior has made a vast improvement to my skin over the few weeks I have been using it. This cooling mask is designed to deep-cleanse spot-prone skin, soothing redness and help banish break-outs. Best kept in the fridge, you can get around 6 uses from one 75g tub, it must be used within 3 weeks so this gives you a generous amount for a mask twice weekly.

Peach Club

One of my favourite lip colours of last month was from the Rouge Edition Velvet line by Bourjois in the shade Peach Club. This is the best matte lip product I've tried. Peach Club is a very wearable peachy-coral colour that looks gorgeous applied with your finger for a softer finish or applied with the wand for a bolder colour pay-off. This feathery-light matte lipstick doesn't dry lips at all and is completely transfer resistant giving you at least 8 hours without the need for re-application. With the hot weather we were having last month I found myself reaching more and more for this gorgeous lip colour and it just lasts and lasts and as I was confident I wouldn't need to reapply it saved space in my bag by not carrying a million lip products!

Miss Manga Mascara

I received Loreal's Miss Manga Mascara  in July's You Beauty box and I've been using it pretty much every day. Not only does this mascara actually give lashes volume it also has incredible staying power and I find very little transference in this hot and humid weather. Initially when I pulled the wand from the tube I thought it would leave my lashes quite clumpy as the brush holds a lot of the product but the end result is quite the opposite, lashes are longer and thicker and there is no brittleness of the formula.

Barry M Gelly Coconut

I absolutely love Barry M's Gelly range and I'm already on my second bottle of the shade Coconut. Coconut is the perfect creamy off-white shade that I have been pretty much wearing throughout the whole of July. The opacity isn't that great, I find I need 3 coats for a perfect finish but this hasn't deterred me from wearing as like the other shades from their range it is long wearing and has a perfect gel like finish.

Bourjois Pink Sunwear

Since getting my hands on the new shades of cream blushers from Bourjois Pink Sunwear has been a blusher I have reached for on a daily basis. This gorgeous shade is a tan cream blusher with pink undertones and the fine gold shimmer it contains leaves you with a healthy glow to your cheeks. Like all other cream blushers from Bourjois this blush blends like a dream thanks to its gel like constituency and is extremely long wearing.

Body Shop Honey Bronzer

I did a post about this absolutely perfect little bronzer a couple of days ago. I've been wearing shade 2 every day since I bought it, it's a completely matte bronzer with yellow undertones which is perfect for my fair (NC15) skin, leaving me with a natural glow and no muddiness or obvious orange tones. Not only is the shade perfect for my fair skin but the formula itself is silky and extremely blend able.


A great month for new beauty discoveries, I have found some fantastic products that will be residing in my daily routine throughout the summer.












No comments:

Post a Comment