Monday 30 June 2014

June Beauty Favourites


I think we'll all be in agreement when I say June absolutely flew by! June has been the best month so far this year weather-wise to get our pins out and start donning some beauty products more on the bright side. Along with some bright and beautiful purchases I have also discovered a couple of items to help maintain my make-up in this hot (and at times humid) weather. Here's my June beauty favourites...

Barry M Gelly Coconut £3.99 rrp

One nail shade that I just couldn't stop wearing in June was Barry M Gelly  in Coconut. Most of the month I have literally been removing when chipped (which is a good 5 days) and reapplying! Although I find you need 3 coats for a completely even finish it has not put me off wearing at all. Like all other Barry M Gelly polishes this one has a lovely gel effect finish and is incredibly durable. Coconut is the perfect creamy off-white, great on it's own or a fab base for nail art.




Urban Decay Setting Spray from £9 rrp 


Now the weather is warming up my oily skin is struggling on it's own to retain that freshly made-up look past lunch time. I have tried a couple of make-up setting sprays and so far Urban Decay's  All Nighter setting spray has come up trumps for aiding longevity of make-up. I apply 3-4 squirts over make-up first thing in the morning and it keeps my face in place well into the evening. At first I wasn't sure on this setting spray as I had been comparing it to MAC's Fix-it spray but the two give totally different effects to your make-up. Whilst MAC Fix-it will be my favourite for giving a dewy finish to foundation, Urban Decay's All Nighter is perfect for these summer months.




Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner £12 rrp


My go-to daytime look will usually be a glowy base, bold lip and the classic cat-eye. The most durable eyeliner I have ever used has got to be Illamasqua's Eye Liner Cake & Sealing Gel however in this sunny weather I don't have time to spend 20 minutes applying eye liner with a brush, queue Eyeko's Skinny Liquid Liner. This liquid liner has the perfect sized and shaped tip for doing those classic cat-eye flicks. The formula is long-lasting and glossy and is perfect for a controlled quick flick of eye liner. I've been using my current one for a little over a month and it shows no sign of drying up or running out.

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick £15 rrp


One of my favourite lip product purchases last month was Urban Decay's Revolution Lipstick  in the shade Streak. The formula of these lipsticks is truly a treat for the lips. Streak is a gorgeous coral toned pink with an ever so slight hint of shimmer, this colour really warms up your complexion. Unlike most moisturising lipsticks the pigmentation is fantastic and it wears for a good 3-4 hours without the need of touch-ups.


Last but certainly not least in my favourite June beauty buys is Revlon's ColorBurst Matte Balm  in Showy. I adore Revlon's Balm range, I own pretty much all of the range and the matte finish ones have to be my favourite. Unlike most matte lip products these are totally non-drying on the lips and the colour lasts for hours. Showy is a bright fuchsia shade...totally perfect for a pop of colour on these sunny days.



Jodie
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment