Sunday 11 May 2014

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette Review and Swatches



For a little while now I have been looking for an eyeshadow palette containing a variety of neutral colours all of which I would wear. I have other palettes lying around in which I will just use a couple of the colours and end up throwing the rest of it away. I tend to only use matte neutral shades on my eyes as I'm more of a lipstick kinda gal, for now my search is over...enter Urban Decay's Naked Basics Palette rrp £22.

I know people go nuts over Urban Decay's Naked 1, 2 and 3 but I have never reached for one as they contain shimmery eyeshadows, which just isn't for me, so I had never given thought into purchasing one of their palettes as I thought they were all pretty much the same. In my opinion Naked Basics is the best palette of them all, it contains 6 very versatile shades which every woman needs in her eye make-up arsenal. All but one shade (Venus) are richly pigmented matte shades, not at all chalky or powdery they go on beautifully and the staying power (with a good primer) is fantastic.

Top L to R: Venus, Foxy and Walk Of Shame
Bottom L to R: Naked 2, Faint and Crave

You can't really tell from my photo but Venus has a touch of satin to it so it's the perfect shade for highlighting. This palette is loaded with Urban Decay's full-size shadow pans and every shade features their Pigment Infusion System for colour that holds tightly to pigment and gives the formula it's glide. The shades blend easily and seamlessly together and as they are so richly pigmented a little goes a long way meaning this palette will last you a long time.

I haven't given my other eyeshadow's a look since purchasing this palette, it gives me every colour I need in one place.

Jodie
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment