Wednesday 5 March 2014

Liebster Blog Award Nomination...

Liebster Blog Award Nomination

I'm new to blogging...I'm not amazing at it yet (in my opinion!) and I was stunned to receive the Liebster Award from Jordan from  Journalesque ...after asking a few questions (as I've never heard of the Liebster Award before!) Jordan informed me that the Liebster Award is not just an award, but an awesome way of us bloggers with small followings (less than 200) to recognize other small time bloggers.  After you are nominated you have to post eleven facts about yourself, answer eleven questions asked by the blogger that nominated you and start the cycle all over again by nominating eleven more bloggers and asking eleven new questions. So here goes with the eleven random facts about Miss Jodie Coles...

1. I hate mayonnaise. Nay, I have a morbid phobia of mayonnaise. Just the thought of that thick white condiment is enough to give me nightmares!

2. I love dogs...cute little fluffy dogs! Due to work commitments I only have one but she is the most adorable little dog that I've had by my side for nearly 7 years...meet Mousie...isn't she adorable?!

3. My favourite time of the day is bedtime...I have the comfiest bed in the world and it doesn't matter how bad of a day I've had...as soon as I'm in bed and having a cuddle with my man everything is better!

4. I have a small addiction to traditional tattoo's! Ok I'm covered in them...and so is my other half...

5. My favourite song is Edge Of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks...I can't sing but as soon as this song plays I imagine I am Stevie herself...spinning on a stage with a gorgeous shawl floating round me! 

6. I am obsessed with beauty products! If I can wear it on my body..I've got to have it! My biggest pull is towards blushers, nail polish and anything that promises to highlight, illuminate or induce youth! I'm the beauty industries dream...my drawers are bulging!

7. I live in a lovely 3 bedroom cottage in the countryside in Somerset. Yes the nearest clothes shop or department store is a 60 mile round trip...but I absolutely love it! Rather than waking up to the hustle and bustle of every day life I am woken up by bird song and sheep bleating!

8. When I was a child I wanted to be a vet, I even made the decision at a very young age to be a vegetarian as a pledge of devotion to my beloved animals...until I grew up and realised I couldn't deal with blood or seeing any animal in pain. No, I am no longer a vegetarian either. When I was 18 I got drunk and ate a pork pie...

9. Although my house looks like Kirstie Allsopp's craft box (I love shabby chic furniture and Kidston prints) I am not intact a girly girl! I love rock and metal and hate chick flicks...if you browsed through my dvd collection you would think it belongs to my other half!

10. Following on from my previous random fact, I renovate furniture. I adore Annie Sloan's work and have styled my home on her work. I also make jewellery and paint. I'm a very creative person...shame I just struggle to find the time to fit it all in!


11. I am the eldest of 6 children...yes 6! I have a big family and we are all very close. I have 3 sisters (which I love!) and two brothers. Being the eldest I am like the mum of my siblings...I'm always worrying and trying to pass on the advice I can't heed myself!

So onto the questions left for me by Jordan...

1. Describe yourself in three hashtags. 
﹟addictive ﹟determined ﹟empathetic 
2. What is your Plan B?
Honestly, I don't have one! I live day-to-day...although I have savings...I enjoy the ride of life itself...the not knowing is the most exciting part of life!
3. If you could be one age forever, what age would you be and why?
This age, 25, I feel the most confident and comfortable in my own body that I ever have!
4. Pick a book, song and a movie to describe your life.
Gah, this is a tough one. For the movie I would say Brokedown Palace, although I have never been locked up in a Thai prison for drug trafficking...I'd say the relationship between the Claire Danes and Kate Beckinsale and the struggles they overcame says a lot about my determination and devotion to my love ones. Song, Florence & The Machine's Kiss With A Fist...my life is content now...but it hasn't always been. Book, I would base my dreams on Jupiters Travels...the original version of Ewan McGregor's Long Way Round...travelling has always been my biggest dream! 
5. Who would you like to invite to your dinner party and almost as important, what would you be eating?
Kirstie Allsopp, Ryan Gosling, Alexa Chung, Florence Welch and Stevie Nicks...I would want a Great Gatsby style dinner party...totally OTT and oozing glamour! 
6. Favorite childhood memory?
Laying in the sun reading. I always had my head in a book when I was growing up. Always been a dreamer!
7. What can you not leave the house without?
Apart from my make-up, mobile and purse...and umbrella! It doesn't matter if its the middle of summer I always have an umbrella in my bag!
8. When do you feel your bravest?
When my other half is at my side. Life has thrown some horrible situations at me...but when he's there I feel 10 feet tall and like I can overcome it all!
9. If you could walk in their shoes for one day and see the places and people they would encounter, who would you pick and why?
Probably Florence Welch! I adore her music (and her wardrobe!) and I would just love to know what inspires her music.
10. Finish this sentence: If no one was watching I would…
Probably be singing! As I've said before I can't sing but I will at any given opportunity!
11. Most importantly, why did you start writing/creating your blog?
I started writing my blog because last year (after years of agony) I was diagnosed with PCOS. Last year I was at my lowest point with the worse symptom...acne. Then I discovered a brand of skincare that completely cleared it up and I just wanted to give something back to all those girls that had written the hundreds of blogs that I had read when I was at my lowest. After all, if no-one wrote blogs where would we all be today?
Ok, so my nominations are...
1. Idara from She Sings Style
2. Alexandra from Isey Beauty
3. Ells from from Marshmallowscoop
4. Ashleigh from AshleighRhiane
5. Marcia from Mabsoph
6. Kiran from Piece of the Net
7. Nichole from Dreaming In Glitter
8. Tabitha from Tabitha Courtney
9. Lauren from All In Beauty
10. Becky from Coffee, Beauty and Life
11. Qurratulain from Like Cherry Pie
My questions for you are....
1. Describe yourself in three words.
2. What is your favourite pastime?
3. If you could be one age forever, what age would you be and why?
4. Pick a movie character to describe your life.
5. Who would you want to play you in the movie of your life?
6. Favorite person and why?
7. What can you not leave the house without?
8. What's the one thing to give you a guaranteed pick-me-up?
9. If you could raid anyone's wardrobe who would it be?
10. Finish this sentence: If I could be anywhere right now it would be…
11. Most importantly, why did you start writing/creating your blog?
Thanks again to Jordan and good luck to you ladies!
Jodie
Xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment